Thursday, July 16, 2009

Come and party with me...

It's been quite a while since I have blogged. There is so much going on. I just finished an on-air interview with a long time friend Jewel Allison. She is an on-air personality with www.onecaribbeanradio.com.

We had a wonderful interview this morning. We talked about my career as a makeup artist and some of the movies that I have done. She is going to have me back on within a few weeks. If you like island music, check out this station, you can have it on while you are working on the computer. I am digging it.

So much has changed since the last time I blogged, so I am just going to do a little update as I try to get into the swing of things, that is try really hard to keep up.

I am learning so much from teaching especially when you see a student do something new and creative. You realize that you never stop learning. It's sad when makeup artists who have been in the industry for a while, do nothing to refresh their craft. Teaching keeps me in the know. I am constantly looking for new and more creative ways to make my classes interesting.

I have been enjoying my summer by exploring my backyard in south Florida. I have been having a staycation. It's been great. So you know what that means, using lots of sunscreen and reapplying it at appropriate intervals. The Florida heat coupled with my "hot flashes" or "my very private summer" force me to keep my makeup application SIMPLE. So, I have been using Maybelline mineral powder followed by a light dusting of Trish McEvoy's bronzer, a tad of Kryolan's blush, my new favorite mascara by Anastasia and lip gloss. This look is fast, easy to apply and it holds up quite well. All I do is pat, sometimes dab, and I am still able to stay fresh- looking all day.

I am still working on my book. You know that is a work in progress.

Hopefully before the day is over, I will be on again to blog some more.

I am listening some SOCA on www.onecaribbeanradio.com. You have to check it out. Come and party with me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment