Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cookbook, First Communion & Makeup

Today, I worked on the fundraiser cookbook for my son's school. It is a lot of work. I commit to doing things and its difficult sometimes because I just don't know how to do anything halfway so I always end up putting 300 % into whatever I do. I worked for a few days to input recipes and photos in an effort to create a sample book that we will use to generate sales at the upcoming Kermesse within the next two weeks. I rushed with all the errors and uploaded the book, hoping that it would be printed and shipped in time for this event. I am still trying to figure out the price of the book. Hopefully at this Friday's PAC meeting we will reach some consensus. I hope that I can show the book at the meeting. I have received some feedback. I know many things are missing. I need some more great photos that's what's going to make the book sell. I look forward to completing it because I think it is going to be a very nice cookbook. I have been taking photos of everything that I cook.

My son is preparing for his first communion, so last night we went to a penance service where he did his first confession.
I made dinner and cleaned up the kitchen, now I am sitting here returning emails and trying to figure out my schedule for tomorrow. I will be teaching a makeup class next week, just for a couple of days, so I am preparing myself. I will also meet with Kathleen, the owner of the school, for lunch and we will discuss the plans for next week classes. I am also happy because the new Corson' s book is out and I am happy with the revisions of the chapter that I did.

Since I moved to Florida, makeup work has been very scarce. I guess they really don't shoot as many movies. Also, no one calls me for films here. I did one movie since I have been here. I did Rita Wilson's makeup for Old Dogs which should be coming out this year. I think she was happy with what I did. It was a good experience for me. It also made me realize that I really don't have much of a desire to spend those kind of hours on the set. I enjoy being able to prepare meals for my family but I also need to figure out a way to make additional income. I am currently working on my memoirs. I haven't been able to type from my notes the last couple of days because I have been so busy working on the school's cookbook. However I will get back to the book as soon as I am finished preparing for my class next week. I want to have my book finished within the next couple of months and have it ready to sell at one of the makeup shows. I feel that it will be well received.

There is so much to write. I am getting tired, so I might call it a night and continue tommorow.

No comments:

Post a Comment