Monday, March 9, 2009

Makeup Classes, PAC & Lent

I haven't written in a couple of days and part of my quest is to write over the next 40 days. I thought this would be easier to establish my blog concurrently with Lent. Even though I haven't written for a couple of days, I still feel that I will be able to maintain some consistency and write on a regular basis. it is important for me to maintain stick-to-it-iveness (not sure how to spell that) because it will allow me to develop my blogging habit.

Friday was a PAC meeting, since I am chairperson of the the parent association, I constantly have to be on top of everything. With all the budget cuts that we have been experiencing, it has taken a lot to get parents involved. It is like pulling teeth sometimes. However, I am grateful that we do get the participation of some parents. I guess that's better than nothing.
So we had a so-so turn out. I kept hoping for more. We went over the fundraiser cookbook. We have some great recipes so far but I keep hoping for a few more. I really want the book to reflect the international flavor of the school. I would like to finish the book and have it ready by the end of the month. After that I still have to start the yearbook plus get started on my journal.

Saturday, I finally started my exercise routine which is all part of my commitment to myself for Lent. We went to the park, Errol, Gregoire and myself. Errol rode and Gregoire and I walked and stretched. It was great because it got me going; plus it was such a good family outing. Later that day Errol and I just hung out because Gregoire went off to spend the afternoon working on a project.

Sunday, I ached quite a bit from all the squats that I did at the park. I spent all day prepping for the makeup class that I was teaching today. I spent a lot of time creating a power point presentation. As a matter of fact, I never got out of my pj's. I was so involved in my writing and preparing for my class that the time just quickly flew by. After writing for hours I finally took a break and made dinner. You know part of being a working mum is being a good multi-tasker. So I mentally prepped dinner then I went into the kitchen and spent an hour making a quick delicious meal of sauteed talapia, broccoli and this great congo red rice from Thailand that I discovered through my client Lalette. I love the deep rich red color and the texture. I like it a lot more than brown rice; it just has such a great natural flavor. I made enough to have left overs.
I worked quite late last night to finish preparing for my class today. The last hour was spent braking down a script for the class.

Waking up this morning was a chore because the clock was moved up one hour. I was also aching from exercising yesterday... You know how sore the body gets when you start conditioning from a long break. Part of my goal today was to make sure that I put in at least half hour of exercise. Hurrah after work today I was able to get in about 45 minutes. We all walked after dinner so it was wonderful. I had 12 students in class. We spent the day discussing the ins and outs of this business. I focused on making sure that we discussed many things that won't normally be covered in a class. I feel that part of my duty as a makeup instructor is to provide as much pertinent information about the industry as possible. I want my students to learn the ups and downs of the industry so I do not sugar coat my delivery. I give it to them straight; sometimes too straight. I really enjoyed to the class today. I felt that the information delivered was very meaningful and much needed.

I just received a call from someone that I haven't spoken to in about 30 years. She is planning a reunion of the Caribbean Club of LIU. I look forward to receiving further information.

Enough said... Time to take a shower and get to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment