Thursday, October 21, 2010

Keep that energy up

It was a little tough yesterday, students missing or went home because they are not feeling well.  I felt like my class was leaving me, everyone is catching a sore throat, so by the end of the day, they started to get a little sluggish.  Got to keep that energy up.  It's hard but it's also school,  a place to learn so that you can go out into the real world and make that money. 

Today is going to be a great day.  They did hands-on 20's makeup so today we are going to look at the  photos from that and critique the work.  Here we go...

I want my students to be the best critic of their own work.  I want them to instantly notice when the lip liner is crooked or the eyeliner and eyebrows are crooked and placement for period makeup.  Is the blush placed correctly or are the lips shaped to the period or the eyebrows to the period.  Placement, placement...Depending on where you place the blush, or how you shape the lips, the color used, all of those factors determine the period. 

So let's get cracking, off to do some critiquing.

No comments:

Post a Comment