Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Reinvention continues...your ride might be a donkey cart

Since I've decided to reinvent my self one more time, I've have been reevaluating my life.  No regrets...I played the cards that I have been dealt, even the mistakes, I learned from them.  Would I have changed anything, maybe a few things.  Not what I did, but maybe the order in which I did them.  Unfortunately our cards are not usually dealt that way.

So many of my students constantly ask about my career and how to achieve that same level of success.  I cannot reiterate enough...it's about setting goals, reevaluating them, writing them down, and working with the universe to achieve them.  So many times we ask God for help but we forget to ask for signs to recognize the help when it comes.  So STOP waiting for that Mercedes to give you a ride, your ride may be on a bicycle or a donkey cart, just learn how to recognize your ride and jump on it.  Jump on it...Jump on it...

As I move along this path, I will break down how I am going about my own reinvention.  First I was overwhelmed.  Then I was scared.  Now I am calm and level-headed and I realize that I have to do this for me.  I love makeup, passionate about it, and I am damn good at it. But, I no longer have that desire to be on a set for 75-90 hours a week.  I am ready to pass the baton.  That's right.  It's time to train a whole new generation of makeup artists.  Don't get me wrong, I am still interested in doing certain makeup jobs but not the day-to-day grind of the set.

Years ago the The Tennessean Times referred to me as a "makeup evangelist" because of my innate passion for makeup, and the fashion & entertainment industry.  I love this industry.  I am at the stage of my life where I need to move to the next level for me.  I am passionate about teaching, lecturing, and writing.  I enjoy inspiring and coaching a new generation of artists, so that's my new direction.  Combing inspirational lectures, coaching,  and writing.  Love, love to write, so I am working on a couple of books.  The first is on bridging the gap between school and the set, and the second is a journal on my life as a makeup artist.

This is my start...

...you have to be the entrepreneur of your own destiny.

I am the entrepreneur of my own destiny.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with "I am the entrepeneur of my own destiny " . Best of luck in your endeavors - I know you will inspire so many others !

    ReplyDelete