Wednesday, October 6, 2010

...more than a powder puff and a lipstick...

I'm back, my feet are on the ground and I 'm about to hit the pavement running... It's been a while since I've written. I spent last year studying, so between school, teaching, and family, it was a serious juggling act.  School's now over.  I completed classes on July 20th, 2010, a Masters in Higher Education with a concentration in Adult Teaching and Learning.  I graduated with a 4.0 GPA and membership into two honor societies, Alpha Beta Kappa and Golden Key International Honor Society.  My actual ceremony will take place in February 2011 in Miami. I am looking forward to that.  It felt so good when I finally received the actually degree in the mail, it took about eight weeks.  My first thought when I opened it was, for 20K, they could have sent a bigger piece of paper to me.  LOL.  So now let's play catch up...

Summer...
Since Gregoire is getting ready to go off to college next  year we went college shopping this summer.  What a grueling task.  It was too hot.  My hot flashes weren't cooperating, almost passed out with the heat at FSU.  I don't think I 'm quite ready for my son to go off to school.  I 've been processing it in my head.  I guess at some point we have to let them fly the coop.  So now we are in the midst of college applications.  I tell you, for the past year we have been bombarded by mail from colleges all over the US.  Gregoire doesn't even open up the envelopes.  He keeps adding them to this bright orange bin in his room. It's overflowing... I hope he doesn't plan to leave that mess for me to clean up.  All in all, we are just so proud of his accomplishments at such a tender age.

Moving on...
Since my baby is getting ready to leave the nest, it's time for mama bird to reinvent herself once more.  At the young age of 52, I am getting excited about the new me.  So where do I start, that's going to be a separate blog.  Not today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment